Being a student, you must know how significant creativity is when it comes to writing. Moreover, how successful your paper would depend solely on the post-writing activities you perform such as editing and revision. You tend to get higher scores if you practice editing, proofreading, and revisions once you complete your essay or writing. Hence, we can say that the post-writing stage is highly significant as it allows you to assess your work as a whole. Furthermore, you can consider the use of an editing checklist to make sure the outcomes of your writing are in your favor. So, with the help of this article, we will understand a few things we must consider while editing our school work.
In addition to this, if you wish to eliminate all the hassle of writing and editing your work, then you can assign it to an expert through online assignment help in New Zealand. The experts would make sure to compose high-quality content for your keeping the plagiarism factor in mind. Moreover, they will take good care of your writing style such as APA.
The aim of the revision process is to improve your writing keeping concision, perspective, facts, etc. in mind. Moreover, it will ensure proper mechanics of your writing. Hence, we can say that the editing checklist is inclusive of statements or questions that would be advisable for you to review your paper with attention to certain aspects of writing such as grammar, format, punctuation, capitalization, spelling, etc.
Also, when you proofread a paper, you are making sure that your work does not have any errors that could distract your readers from the primary idea of the writing. So, give this article a quick read to go through the editing checklist with which you can improve the quality of your paper. Irrespective of your academic level, you need to proofread your work to ensure the utmost quality and better grades.
How Can You Edit Your Writing on Your Own
So, if you have to check some of your work, keep this article open for yourself. Here is a checklist divided into categories that will make it easy for you to spot mistakes in your paper. This approach is highly beneficial as it allows you to focus on a specific area at a particular time and you can concentrate better.
It can be a time-taking deal, so, if you have other obligations like an online class to juggle, you can post your query online such as, I want to pay someone to take my online class, to hire an expert who would do it for you in your place while you can edit your work in the meantime.
- When you are using H2, you must use capital letters at the beginning of every word of the heading.
- You should use the lowercase letter for articles and coordinating conjunctions such as a, the, then, to, etc. unless you are not using them as the first word in your title.
- Each sentence of your paragraph should start with a capital letter.
- Proper nouns in sentences like names of people, things, or places should begin with a capital letter.
- Keep the formatting guidelines of your institution in mind and have proper capitalization accordingly.
You must check every word that gets highlighted by spell check while writing. Moreover, use commonly mixed pairs of words correctly such as there-their-they’re, are-our, etc.
- You must take care of commas to set off items mentioned in a given series.
- Use Harvard commas or serial commas, or Oxford commas, properly. You need to place these commas before conjunction where there are three or more mentioned items in the list. You can avoid it when you only have two items on the list.
- In compound sentences, you must put commas before conjunctions.
- Make sure you have put the right punctuation mark at the end of every sentence or wherever needed.
- Use semicolons and colons correctly.
In case you want to make the editing process easy, you can simply appoint an expert for your work through online assignment help in New Zealand.
- Take care of subject-verb agreement in sentences.
- Make sure you have put apostrophes to mark contractions or signify possession.
- Ensure every sentence has a subject and verb and there are zero run-ons.
- Make sure the pronouns sit right in place.
- Your paper should majorly have an active voice. You must try not to use a lot of passive voice while writing for academics.
- Try not to use exclamation marks in academic writing. It is commonly not acceptable.
Each sentence should be simple and easy to understand. It should not either be complex or too short. Consider that students majorly tend to make grammatical errors when they make their sentences complex.
In addition to this, avoid juggling between your online class obligations and academic work. There are numerous services online that can help you with the same. You just need to post your request online, such as I want to pay someone to take my online class for me. Once you post your request online, you will definitely find an expert who will take your class on your behalf and get you expert-level notes. With these notes, you can ace your online tests and exams.
- Your writing should have a proper introduction, body paragraphs, and a precise conclusion.
- Begin a new paragraph every time you need to talk about a new idea.
- With every change in location and time, a new paragraph begins.
- Make sure you write fully developed paragraphs with topic sentences, evidence, explanation, etc. Also, cite evidence properly.
- Showcase direct quotes in your writing in quotation marks.
Additionally, know that the commonly used font style and size are Times New Roman and 12 respectively. Also, your text should be double-spaced. Leave 1-inch margins on all sides. Furthermore, make sure to use a third-person perspective in your entire work.